You have a new PM! Click here here to read it!

Go Back   Ford Diesel Power Forums > Blogs

Old

7.3 powerstroke project

Posted 09-07-2014 at 07:30 PM by Gomez7.3
I'm looking for a little bit of advice. I want to start building my 99 7.3 powerstroke and I'm not quiet sure if I'm going the right direction. I have some things done to my truck already: GTP38R turbo, HPOP T5000, fuel bowl delete, DP Tuner, S&B stage two intake. 4" down pipe, fuel regulator spring and that's about all I know. I want to install stage two fuel injectors but I'm not sure if I will get enough fuel from the stock fuel pump and I'm not sure if the turbo can withstand the injectors,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2052 Comments 0 Gomez7.3 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Is a 2000 7.3 with 65,000 original miles out of an ambulance for $2200 a good deal

Posted 06-02-2014 at 07:40 PM by ddrewrey
My 2003 7.3 Excursion at 209000 I suspect blew a head gasket. 200 miles earlier a fuel injector failed so I replaced the factory split shots with stage II single shots with a Hydra chip. Truck ran great until the white smoke appeared. The temps never got above normal operating parameters. Popped the hood and it looked like someone had sprayed my engine and battery with antifreeze. Not sure where the antifreeze sprayed from. My coolant system was about 1 gallon low at this point. Oil looked...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2216 Comments 0 ddrewrey is offline Edit Tags
Old

1997 diesel 7.3 no power

Posted 05-12-2014 at 07:01 PM by pengillyforddiesel
truck has no power went from getting 14 mpg last summer to only getting 9 or 10 mpg now. changed fuel filter don't know what's wrong
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2218 Comments 0 pengillyforddiesel is offline Edit Tags
Old

I see the light!

Posted 10-18-2013 at 07:53 PM by old man dave
While waiting for parts to show up, I decided to do something about the flourescent lights that don't work when its cold in the shop. These are the typical on sale cheapies, the 4 foot 2 tube F40T12 lights that sell for cheap. Well, don't buy them. They don't work when it gets below 50*F and the T12 tubes are now obsolescent. (Don't blame me, my brother bought them)

The ballasts are cheapies that don't work below 50*. The newer electronic ballasts work down to 0*F and while...
Terminator groupie
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2639 Comments 0 old man dave is offline Edit Tags
Old

Reinventing the old truck

Posted 10-18-2013 at 03:31 AM by old man dave
Placed an order to Summit for the fittings and hose for the return fuel to the regulator from the 1/8"NPT at the block to the #6ORB fittings at the Aeromotive 13109 regulator I'm using. So, be a few days before I fit up the return fuel stuff.

Always seems to be a delay for parts to finish stuff. McMaster-Carr is much less costly than the Ford dealer for high grade fasteners but still adds up at the end of the day. Last couple of months, I've got several orders from them...
Terminator groupie
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2429 Comments 0 old man dave is offline Edit Tags